Saturday, August 09, 2008

Labor & Delivery

So here i am in front of our house... the last "pregnant" picture. Fast forward about a week and we get to my due date August 4th. I go in to the doctor for a routine appointment, and everything looked good, but I was put on the non-stress test to watch the baby's heartbeat, and there was a wierd little drop (which in hindsight was probably a machine malfunction), but the doctor didn't want to take any chances and said she would like to induce labor.

So we walked across the street to the hospital and a few hours later, this was me modeling the portable fetal monitor after they induced labor. It didn't really work... i was having contractions according to the machine, but i didn't feel anything. So then they broke my water and BAM... 12 hours of INTENSE labor followed.... the last 2 1/2 or so of pushing.

At 3:50am on Tuesday August 5th, we were finally blessed with the greatest cone-head baby... she was perfect. He name is Diem Hazel Anderson. She is named after two very important people in our lives. Diem is the Latin version of Day, my grandmothers maiden name, and Hazel is Lando's great-grandmother's name.

Jill and Leon had been sitting outside the room since about 9pm monday night, my mom was sweating it out in New York not having any real access to updates. I think they were all probably more stressed than i was! in the end the delivery was a success and mom and baby were both healthy. We received a delivery of some very special flowers. They were in a vase that was given to my grandma when my mom was born. Someday, Diem can pass them on to her daughter when she has her first grandchild and the cycle will continue. Stay tuned for more baby news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home