Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Horse Track





Well i told my dad i'd have this post up a week ago.... sorry Dad... with the boss back things are extra tense around the office these days so i limit my time here whenever possible... i guess a months vacatoin of skiing in Austria had to come to a close at some point.

Anyhow... when my parents were visiting my Dad saw in the paper that there was horse racing over the weekend. Now i knew we had a race track on the island, but i really forgot about it until my dad said something... and then i realized i had NEVER seen it! That was a pretty strange feeling considering how small the island is. Well we ran into Campbell, one of my favorite drivers, while we were up at Blackbeards castle, so i asked him where it was. He basically told me is was on a road that i have driven hunderds of times!

Still for weeks i never saw the track... and then FINALLY we saw it! We had to stop and take pictures so that i could post them so my dad could see the track we never could find!

Jen, who works in our office said she would never go there unless she was with a pack of men, at least one of them being West Indian... so with Lando and i being the little blond haired people that we are, we may not actually venture out there, but we'll see.

So anyway, there are the picks... it's not much... definitely blends in with the surroundings.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Leah said...

HELLO!!

Finally caught up with all you've been doing....hard to do over the phone or instant messaging!

Of all the times we've been down to St. Thomas I never knew about the horse racing! Glad to hear you're enjoying some of our favorite resturants too(yummmm!).

You both look great and I'm glad someone's getting some sunshine!

:) Leah

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah and Andrew: AIG travel insurance's concierge pointed me to your blog when I asked for info on the race track in St. Thomas. It doesn't look like much -- just a hot day in the sun...I am concerned that the word around your office sounds like it is dangerous also. Can you elaborate? We are going to STT next week. Also, where is the cheapest place on the island for parfum? You both also mentioned restaurants. Can you make recommendations -- both cheap and for a special night out? All info is appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home